Re: Laptop live looping (new issue)

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 07:39:00PM +0100, Per Boysen wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 7:09 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> > In the last 5 months I have embraced the Laptop as the core of my
> > setup. Hardware effects and devices no longer seem that enticing to me.
> > However, If my bookings stay at the level I am at now, I could be
> > playing close to 140 gigs this year. Some of these last 4 hours. I
> > sense the Macbook Pro is very solid and stable. I am just concerned
> > that I might be asking more of it then it will be able to deal with.
> > Has anyone else dealt with a similar workload with a Laptop on stage?
> > Thanks
> > Chris

 Don't know if this helps, but I ran a powerbook G4 for the last year
 straight doing 4 hour jobs, 1-3 times a week in clubs, bars with a
 live drummer and had no problems. Not even a single glitch or anything.
 Ofcourse until New Years Eve when I came home and got out of my car
 and dropped it about a foot or so. Lost the display and using a
 brand new macBook now.

 I also keep a fan on my laptop live the whole night too.
 The laptop sits on a heavy duty music stand with a fan
 attached underneath blowing up. I use iTunes for the between
 set music also.