Re: OT: Getting that tube amp sound w/o a tube amp

get a couple amps! One (or more) for looped part(s) one for solos. That way you don't overload the PA.

Just a thought. But this is what I'm working towards with looping. It works well now with the RC50 but I have no idea how it will be if and when I upgrade to a better setup. I'm now pretty much convinced I'm gonna have to take the plunge into Powerbook land... but I don't wanna. After 25 years of using music software, I've developed a healthy fear of new programs.

I haven't used the Vox Tonelab. Haven't tried many modelers since they first came out. I wasn't wild about them then. Luddite.

I love the sound of a good amp. So much character and bhava. A hot tube is a sensuous thing! And a whole host of them is an orgy.

I'm sure someone's already said this, but why not mic the amp(s)? IS that a routing issue with EDP?

But I've enjoyed listening to lots of stuff in this group that's done with modelers etc. So it can be done! But to me, a good amp makes it so easy.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
www.glassWing.com www.richardsales.com