Re: RC-50 wierdness

If I'm reading your previous posts correctly, you're getting your value for the RC-50 loop tempo by looking at the RC-50 display, and then entering that value into PT, correct?  And that the RC-50 loop tempo is set by you at the gig via tap tempo?

My guess that the RC-50 is rounding off the BPM value on the display.  I know the EDP does this, so that one loop might show as being "4.0" seconds long, but after a quantized multiply for two cycles, it's " 8.1" seconds.  The accuracy of the actual clock is greater than the front panel display.

If you are indeed setting your live loop tempo via tap tempo then I don't think it's possible to get a BPM value accurate enough for post-production work in ProTools.  You'll either have to do some hand tweaking in ProTools, or play to a master clock on the gig.

TravisH