Re: RC-50 wierdness

Hi Teddy

I haven't done it but I've been thinking about it. I think I would slave my RC 50 to MIDI Time Code from Pro Tools - or vice versa. So you need some kind of time clock - if your Pro Tools interface isn't generating one - to slave your system to. Then all the elements SHOULD sync up nicely. That's how I used to slave my sequencer, Pro Tools, keyboard arpeggiators (MIDI Beat Clock), video etc. I haven't checked to see if the RC 50 generates time code. It MIGHT generate Midi Beat Clock which can work. Not as elegant as time code. Actually, it's possible the RC50 only SEES and HEARS MIDI Beat Clock. I should check.

One problem I have with the RC 50 is even when the click or rhythm track is set to go out the sub it comes out the main into my guitar amp. Hummmm! Not good.

But I'm having TONS of fun with it. I can almost see the whites in the eyes of the Looperlative Army coming at me... hear the roll of their snare drums... and I know I'll have to break down and get one someday soon. I SURRENDER! But other more critical things - or crucial to the SOUND - keep jumping in the path.

Got a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo and that's been a blast. My old tape Echoplex was having a near death experience so it's going off to the hospital (and hopefully not the morgue) soon. Two new (old) amps coming soon. Late fifties early sixties Magnatone 213s. A Durham Sex Drive. New Area 51 guts for my Cry Baby. Fun stuff.

I think I'll be selling an old ARP OMNI 2 soon on Ebay. Maybe my (mint) 1972 50 Watt Marshall head.... maybe my Korg Z1. The Z1 is ferocious and has a really cool arpeggiator. Slimming down. Maybe sell the old Roland MC4 and OC8. Anyone know what that is? EMU E4K? Not sure but pondering. I just don't use any of it any more. But the pack rat holds on for dear life.

Let me know what you learn on the sync front, Teddy. It can be done I'm sure. I'll try to look at it tomorrow when I'm not nodding out.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846