Re: Jamie Lidell live looping movie

Hi Andrew,

I'm very much enjoying listening to your stuff on myspace.....I'm
digging your grooves and textures/timbres....very hip.....(out of
curiousity, what software you using? I'm always curious about the
creative tools)....I love that few seconds of sonic atmosphere...Buy
First Second Free is nice, combining the beautiful glitch with
time...very nice...Maybe if I get to Halifax some day, we could play
some music...(I know nothing of halifax, is there a happening
experimental music scene there?)

RE: Lidell: I see why some people like him (energetic groove based
performance) but he's not my cup of tea. (I do keep hearing reference
to him using Max....good!)....but I personally can't stand all his
dancing around. But I do like the video...looks like somebody was using
Jitter? I wonder if I'd like the music if I didn't see him bopping and
waving about...but hey, maybe I'd be popular if I started
dancing/waving/bopping like that....(doubt it. who wants to see a
shaved head quarter-tone trumpet playing looper dance around....MAYBE
Ted Killian and I will dance together at our performance at
BEMF....Ted?) For me, I like music to hit on multiple dimensions:
Visceral, Emotional, Intellectual (kind of gut, feeling, form)...these
are not strict categories, but flexible with a lot of
crossover......the music I enjoy the most is a multi-dimensional hit.
Where I thoroughly enjoyed the viscerality of Lidell's beats and
singing, I personally missed depth in the other dimensions...

cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com