Re: Advice sought - unbroken, seamless loops

On 19 apr 2006, at 03.18, tEd ® kiLLiAn wrote:

> Anywho, I suggest using a small mixer of some sort and a panning
> pedal (if you want
> foot control a la Gilmour). Separate your guitar signal in to two
> parallel paths, one
> for straight guitar and one for the hanging chord effect via the
> panning pedal. When
> you want distinct guitar notes push the pedal one way (back?) and
> when you want the
> hanging chord cloud push it the other way (forward?) to pan it to
> the other signal path.
> Sum both in the small  mixer and sent the output of that to your
> amp and/or PA.
>
> Find whatever stand-alone reverb effect that works for you. It'll
> need to have the ability to
> have really long decay tails. Some units don't let you do this.
> Alesis stuff is not the
> best sounding . . . but it does work and it's cheap.

If you play with a computer in your rig there is also this Ableton
Live reverb patch named "Freeze Verb". Audio is kept "hanging" and
reverb loop is not "emptied" until new audio is input. It's like a
"loop feedback =100 %"  that goes down to 80% when new audio is
input. Very cool IMHO. Especially when using a pedal/button MIDI
assigned to the software's Aux Send knob and sending just short parts
of your playing into the hanging ambience drone. "Reverb looping"  ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)