My Repeater -> 2xEchoPro's... Should I take the plunge?

Hi all,

I had a proposition today from someone to exchange my Repeater for 2
new Echo Pro's....

I've been thinking for a long while that the Repeater is not the
looping tool for me. When I purchased it I was in contact with
Electrix, and was told that certain features that I was looking for
would be available in future OS upgrades... well... thats out of the
question now :)

For the features that work well on the Repeater (Tempo/Pitch change),
I've never used them in my improvisations (I don't like changing
sounds/loops from their natural state). I have only used Midi sync a
couple of times, instead preferring natural timing when jamming with
other musicians.... I use the 4 tracks, but I don't really utilise them
fully.... Even the panning (I play a mono instrument through mono
effects) I've never really utilised.

I've been looping mainly using my trusty DL4, and love the simplicity
and organic nature of the unit. I've also been experimenting using two
DL4's in line (thanks Virgile), and have successfully created short
rhythmic sections on the first, and then bounced them to a longer loop
using the second DL4.... It got me thinking about looping in a
different way.

So.... ignoring any financial plusses or minuses for the proposed deal,
do you think that I'd make the right decision by saying yes to the
offer?

I'm thinking that two Echo Pro's, controlled by my trusty 1010 with an
inline DL4 would expand my project in the right direction. I know its
not an EDP, but there is no way that I can afford one of those at the
moment (way overpriced).... I was especially taken by the ideas
proposed by Line6 in the Echo Pro manual about having two units in loop
mode, and how to control them. I could also rig the two units to work
as one stereo unit.... plus the 60/120 second loop time....

Any thoughts anyone? :) Could anyone help me play Devils Advocate with
myself?

Cheers,

- Stu (http://solostring.com)