Re: Fretless guitar built - ripped off the frets...

Interesting to read this discussion, as I've been listening to a lot of
fretless guitar this week, starting with hearing a couple of Per's
tracks (which I love!), then I discovered this Myspace page which has a
collection of tunes by people playing exclusively acoustic fretless
guitars, including "our" Jim Goodin and Pat Metheny among  others.

http://www.myspace.com/unpluggedunfretted

The organizer, Edward Powell, is a hell of a player himself who builds a
lot of his own instruments, besides playing oud and sitar. I'm a wee bit
obsessed with him right now actually...here's a vid of him playing an
interesting doubleneck he built; it's a great piece, not "shredding" by
any means but a great display of the expressive nature of fretless playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Wh96_PR18

So...I applaud all of you in your fretless efforts! Looking forward to
hearing more.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com