Re: Fretless guitar built - ripped off the frets...

Wow - interesting, Dennis! What material are you looking into as
"non-wood"?

I can see the point in using a brass nut if you're going for the
Fernandez sustainer later on, which is all electro-magnetic. Myself I
tried out the Fernandez but decided to use the electro-acoustic
Sustaniac C instead. Sure, it's more easy with the thing always built
into the guitar, but I kind of like how the mechanically vibrating
clamper feels when playing the instrument. And you can use it with
other guitars as well.

What's your plan with a MIDI pickup on fretless? How will you handle
glissandi?

Per