Re: Drum machine PRE AMP???

Quoting Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com>:

> I'm going to agree with Rick in that using a drum machine as a 'rhythm
> section' for you to play over is going to sound like canned music -
> because that's exactly what it is. In the vast majority of
> live-instrument shows I've heard, pre-recorded beats felt more like a
> cage for the instruments than a supporting role.

The music that I do is more "classical" in nature -- I utilize
orchestral percussion samples from my K2600.

Often, when I am just experimenting with patterns, etc... I just loop
'n quantize -- once the decisions are made, I re-record everything
without quantization and loops.  This brings a human "feel" and
"nuance" to the result.

Excellent thread with excellent ideas!

-- Kevin