OT: Looping in Uzbekistan

oh MAN, i had a terrible experience with this guy about a month ago...
played a late night concert in sebastopol, ukraine, with a band playing fusion jazz.
their name is, who would guess: fusion jazz!
organisation was bad, soundcheck was way too long, the public complained already.
at some point enver came up to the band leader and suggested that instead of playing whole sets each (meaning he would have to wait for another hour until we were done)
we could play in intervals of 20 minutes.
so we played 18 minutes (got it on video) and left the stage for his twenty minutes
he had the impertinence to play an entire hour!
a great solo show, nice tight looping, clownesque approach to stage behaviour, but pretty antisocial towards his colleagues...

a rehearsal, a drive to the countryside, shlepping the contrabass flute around, more than an hour of soundcheck - all this for 18 minutes of music?

i was pissed.

soul long - tilmann

You've got to check out this guy! Enver Izmailov from Uzbekistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pU9aUvA9c8&mode=related&search=