Re: problem w/live looping using mic - "Empty Scores"

cool stuff! Last question, I promise (if I catch you
in time :)

Do you just remember all your midi mappings, or do you
use a way within ableton to keep track of what
assignment does what, aka, using impulse or some other
trick?

Thanks!
Jesse
--- Zoe Keating <cello@zoekeating.com> wrote:

> sure thing! you got me at a good time before i go
> offline again for a
> week.
>
> - i make a midi track that has the output set to IAC
> midi driver on
> channel 16.
> - then, make a controller talk on channel 16 (i use
> an app called
> midikeys to make entries so i don't need to be
> connected to external
> gear)
> - using live's midi mapping, just select whatever
> function i want to
> control
> - lastly, put the midi sequences in a clip and put
> that clip in the
> midi track i created.
> - trigger the clip
>

> On Sep 24, 2007, at 4:23 AM, J E wrote:
>
> > I do have one more question, I'm based off of
> Ableton
> > as well, as I'm sure a lot of people are, and I
> was
> > just wondering, for the basic mechanism of
> triggering
> > ableton clips/cues with midi clips, how are you
> doing
> > that? Are you routing them back into ableton
> through a
> > Midiyoke or similar internal midi cable, or is
> there a
> > way to actually do that easily from within Live?

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest
shows on Yahoo! TV.
http://tv.yahoo.com/