Re: circus animals? (Re: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial)

----- Original Message -----
From: Cara Quinn
  My personal view on music is that if something touches or moves someone (anyone / anywhere) in a positive way, inspiring them, then I think it's good.

I think that is the best statement yet, but I would take it further. Many artists don't discriminate between positive and negative in the reactions they seek or accept from their works (because the artistic world tends to be more liberale in light of so-called absolutes...right, wrong, good, bad, etc). Simply put, any emotional response or reaction from a piece of art (music in this case), indicates success in my perspective. That to me is more preferrable.  Because why does everything have to be positive? The real world is a mixture of positive and negative. That is life I would I like music music to generate very diverse repsonses. In fact, I hope that at least a sub-set of my listeners completely loath my music or find it offensive. That way I know I'm not creating with rose colored glasses on and trying to please everyone, or the watered down common denominator.  That concept in itself makes me sick to my stomach. So, to me at least, generating a whole spectrum of emotional responses is more preferrable and realistic. The whole spectrum suggests success.

Kris