proposal for new thread: ATTRIBUTES of your LOOP MACHINE

Hey fellow loopers:

I've been talking to several people all over the world lately and it seems
that there is a rush on
to try and write live looping software for the laptop (or home computer).
I've talked to people who are
trying to write software for both Mac and PC................no one has
unveiled as of yet, to my knowledge (with the
exception of Ableton's LIVE but you still have to have a preset tempo in
order to make it work so it is not
as flexible as any of the major or minor looping hardware devices out
there.

I personally, wouldn't consider using anything live unless it had the
salient features of the hardware loopers that I use.
So I propose we raise the bar level for the people who are putting all this
time into designing the next generation of looping machines
(with all kudos and respect to all the incredible work that has already
gone
into the design of the current breed of looping hardware).

So here is my proposal for a thread:

If you respond, please number your answers for collating purposes.   Thanks
a lot.

1)   WHAT ARE THE FEATURES THAT YOU THAT YOU CONSIDER INDISPENSABLE IN THE
LOOPER THAT YOU USE.?

2)  WHAT FEATURES MAKE THE LOOPER YOU USE STAND OUT FROM OTHER LOOPERS IN
THE FIELD?