Re: latency info for computers producing audio

On 03-11-26 07.22,  "Jesse Ray Lucas" <jlucas@neoprimitive.net> wrote:

> You will get the best latency on a PC using a PCI audio interface.  I'd
> recommend the Aardvark Direct Pro, or Q10, which offer zero latency input
> monitoring.

Good point on PCI! On Mac there is firewire 800 as well, almost as fast as
PCI. But please note that this "zero latency input monitoring" has nothing
to do with latency. It's just bypassing the machine and sending the input
signal directly to the output for monitoring.

Latency is the time the machine needs to digitize and process an input
signal.

--
Best wishes

Per Boysen