Re: proposal for new thread: ATTRIBUTES of your LOOP MACHINE

> 1)   WHAT ARE THE FEATURES THAT YOU THAT YOU CONSIDER INDISPENSABLE IN
>THE
> LOOPER THAT YOU USE.?

i primarily use the repeater, edp, and a digitech rds 3.6.   i own a line 6
studio delay, but i don't see that it really does anything that others
don't
do better.
first and foremost, in my humble opinion: it ain't a looper if it can't
overdub and has an adjustable feedback.  these are the features that each
offers that i consider indispensable:

repeater: multiple tracks
edp: no artifact at the loop point and multiple controller issues
digitech rds 3.6:  SMOOTH DELAY TIME ADJUSTMENT!!!

> 2)  WHAT FEATURES MAKE THE LOOPER YOU USE STAND OUT FROM OTHER LOOPERS IN
> THE FIELD?

the following features are listed divided by the unit and ranked by
importance:
repeater: a. multiple tracks, b. sync, reverse, c. adjustable loop
tempo(crazy granular thing at 10 bpm and below), d. adjustable loop pitch.
edp: a. no artifact at the loop point, b. smooth cc controllable feedback,
c. dedicated foot controller(embarrassing, but i hate fighting with midi
assignments just to have them become useless as i put the gear in a new
environment), d. multiple loops.
digitech rds 3.6:  a. SMOOTH DELAY TIME ADJUSTMENT b. no artifact at the
loop point.  c. crazy granular thing it does when in chorus, flange and
double.

it's not so much that a smooth delay time knob is the only thing i'm
looking
for in a looper, but it is something that none of the swank units have.
it
seems like something the edp could do, but alas...
i'm just starting to mess around with vst, but this feature does seem like
real bitch to try and emulate w/ software.   you would certainly need the
software to be able to smoothly interpolate the gradients between the
positions on your cc, and that could be tough to do with a wave file that
is
playing and being recorded to at the same time.  feedback and volume
control
would be a lot easier, of course.   the whole thing would have to have a
latency of no longer than 13ms (at least in an asio environment), >5ms
would
be preferable.   actually, i could handle greater latency if somebody could
work out the smooth delay time knob.   maybe it could be a mode that is
toggled on and off.   multiple tracks seems like it wouldn't be that hard
and it would be nice to be able to route each track to external effects.
dolby 5.1 might not be that hard and might be nice.   something that could
be used in an environment like cubase or flstudio would be nice.
my boy is coming over with ableton live, friday.   i haven't heard great
things, however. we'll see.

well, i guess that i have subjected you to enough for this post.
lance