] [Thread Prev
questions for loopers
In case you didn't see my previous post, I'm a PhD student doing some
research involving live looping, and I'd like to get a sense of what
the looping community is interested in, what tools they use, their
approach to looping, etc. So, here some questions for anyone
interested in participating.
1) what aspects of looping do you enjoy the most?
2) what aspects of looping do you enjoy the least?
3) what looping tools (including controllers) do you currently
use/have used in the past?
4) what are the strengths of these tools?
5) what are the weaknesses of these tools?
6) do you modify a loop once it's been created? if so, how?
7) how much planning do you do for a particular performance?
8) what form does this planning take? (do you write it down, keep it
in your head, etc)
9) at what level of detail do you plan? (melody, harmony, timbres,
dynamics, instrumental techniques, etc.)
10) describe your general approach to loop performance.
11) what would the ideal looping system look like? describe it in as
much detail as you can (and don't worry about practical concerns).
12) any additional comments?
If for some reason you don't want your answers to be public, you can
send them directly to me.