Re: Android phone OK for music/looping?

This is not 'music' software per se, but it does bring cool functionallity to Android:

On Android, Free, Open Source Touch Control for Music – And It’s Just the Beginning, http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/07/on-android-free-open-source-touch-control-for-music-and-its-just-the-beginning/#more-19927

Quoting Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net>:

Hi folks

I'm planning on buying an Android phone. Generally, I'd prefer it to an iPhone (microSD, transparent/open, accessible file system). However, I'm not sure if the Android will be ok for music/looping. I just need some basic looping (long loop, overdubs, able to save it), basic music notation (abc notation or Lilypond) and some simple things (mp3 voice recorder, tuner, metronome etc.). Should I be ok with an Android for basic stuff (no gimmicks) or is there simply no alternative for a musician to an iPhone?

best regards
Buzap