Re: OT: Suggestions for monitor speakers

Rainer Straschill wrote:
> van Sinn schrieb:
>
>> Which is another good reason the my suggested Mackie HR624 mk2's,
>> going down to 37hz, even though outfitted with a mere 6½" driver.
>
> Those 37Hz are your own measurements? I'm asking because Mackie
> specifies them as going down to 49Hz, the 37Hz are specified for the
> 824s (with a 8.75'' driver).
>
>          Rainer

I'm so sorry about this misinformation.  Yes, it's 49hz for the HR624.

To clarify my mistake, I'm constantly reminded how much bass is in them,
which is due to the slave mechanism, as this has a roll-off at only 12dB
per octave.
Compared to 18dB/oct for ported/reflex enclosures, which is the most
common mechanism used with compact montors, this effectively extends the
useful low end.

They'll be coupled with an older Altec Lansing sub (need to redesign the
sub cutoff filter), and as such feel the 49hz will provide me a system
going sufficiently down in full stereo, before the mono sub kicks-in.

--
rgds,
van Sinn