Re: sequencers

As you're saying you are "mouse-clicking" I guess you already have a
computer? Then any set up MIDI pads will give you an option to work
MPC style to lay down drum tracks. For example Ableton Live can be
quite "MPC-ish". And fxPansion Geist even duplicates the classic "pad
drum roll" function of the MPC (pressing down a drum pad plays a drum
roll as long as you keep it pressed down).

Speaking about the specific sampler/performance hardware from Akai I
have heard from a MPC user I know that the MPC 1000 is a good choice
among today's models (the -60 model was discontinued long ago)
http://www.akaipro.com/mpc

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se