Re: sequencers

... one more thing to add, are you absolutely SURE that you like the MPC style of sequence programming? Its an acquired taste, an for my eyes and fingers absolutely no different than assigning a different key in a keyboard to a sample... Well OK I get that one pad can be a whole different instrument, but it always seemed limittin to me. It is however the preferred input method for most Hip Hop producers, and I saw some amazing use of (hmm not sure of the make, korg perhaps, but mpc stylee) pad playing live with Animal Collective who use them alot.

I certainly understand the feeling that you need a physical input to you sequencer... I just never never felt that tapping a little rubber button was really doing it for me...

If I was you I would get a pretty ok ish keyboard from MAudio, that has a nice big keyboard, 8 pads for you to hey, and a bunch of slider and knobs... (I have the Axiom 61 and the Ozone... )