Re: a moronic question

From: "Bruce Gilman" <cuica@interworld.net>

> I have a question for composers or performers who use samples.
>
> Sorry to wave my ignorance.  Please indulge the ignorant.
>

> If you write or play with samples, let's say string samples, are you
> using synthesized sounds?
>

> Again my apologies for interrupting,
> B.G.

Hi Bruce,

The source of the sample would determine whether the sound being used is
synthesized or not, I'd guess.  I never found a way to satisfactorily
replicate Tablas, for instance.  When I got Fruity Loops (now FLStudio)
and
a sample-set of Tabla sounds I could 'do' as such without having to resort
to synth programming-fiddling.  Moreover if one uses FLStudio one is using
non-synthesized samples in many cases.  I lean towards the use of 'real'
but
then I'm a grumpy old fart to some.

SP Goodman
*