Re: EDP: Issues with TempoSelect when MoreLoops=2

Stephen Scott wrote:
>> with the following setting
>> AutoRecord=Off
>> LoopCopy = ti  (time)
>> SwitchQuant = Off
>>
>> set tempo
>>
>> record loop 1, let it run
>>
>> then to record loop 2 hit Next,
>> and when you have enough cycles hit Rec.
>> Then toggle between the loops with Next.
>
> OK Andy, I tried this exactly as suggested.  I've set the tempo to
>120bpm, (btw 8th/Cycles=8, so that the display reads 2.0 for the cycle
>length).  What happens is that the first loop records just fine for as
>long as I need.  When I switch to Next Loop, the display shows me that
>it's on loop2 (OK), the red LED counts time as usual (OK) and the green
>cycle LED counts up as I think it should (ie, it increments by one every
>2 seconds).  BUT when I press RECORD, the display stops at, say, 3.6 or
>5.4, ie NOT a multiple of 2 as expected.
>

> This is now happening consistently (previously I thought I was getting
>it work OK sometimes, so consistency is good anyway).  Also, previously,
>even when it was working OK, I'd save the preset parameter, but when I
>came back it to it later, it wouldn't work.

sorry, you're quite right,
end the second recording with Insert and all will work fine.

Otherwise that's an Unrounded ending to the record.

Here exposed the perils of an early morning email session :-)

I'll CC this to Matthias, it's an interesting point.
This is rather confusing behaviour for a feature that's supposed to
make things easy, hitting Insert is hardly intuitive.

> I don't really know at this stage what parameters might or might not be
>relevant.
> With this in mind, other parameters set that ? might be relevant are
>Quantize=Off, RoundMode=rnd

those are good,

>> pps
>> you might like to remove "stevoj@yahoo.com" from
>> your <reply-to> field
>
> Done now (I think)

yep, that worked

> Thanks for helping

you're welcome,
...now make some more nice sounds for us

> Stephen

andy
ps. all LDers are recommended to check out Stephen's music at
www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher
...and again in about 2 weeks time when he puts up
a bunch of tracks done with the edp ;-)