Re: Loop software with varispeed

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com>
wrote:

>> So anyway, I'll throw something into the discussion - how about if the
>> varispeed was sequencable?
>
> FWIW, Mobius has a thing called "rate sequence" where you
> can enter a sequence of rate shifts expressed in semitones
> relative to "normal" for example:
>
>   3 -5 8 -6 0
>
> Then bind MIDI events to the functions RateNext or RatePrev to
> step through them.  It isn't automated sequencing, but it lets
> you step through a sequence with one footswitch so you don't
> need a keyboard controller.
>
> From what I can tell this hasn't been used very much.
>
> Jeff

Well, at least I have been using "rate sequence". It's especially cool
for playing chord change vamps all within the same loop (Mark
Francombe suggested this, but never mentioned it's a Mobius feature).
However, I rather prefer binding foot pedals directly to the different
rate shift values, so I can vary the order in which I jump between
different chords.

There is also an interesting aspect regarding poly rhythm to explore
in varispeed.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen