Re: Loop software with varispeed

 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, at least I have been using "rate sequence". It's especially cool
for playing chord change vamps all within the same loop (Mark
Francombe suggested this, but never mentioned it's a Mobius feature).

Actually I forgot, it always crashed when I was checking out Mobius Mac, so I never tried it!
 I have gotten a new PC since but have yet to try Mobius on it... my love affair with Mobius turned out to be a teenage crush... I shall return, no doubt, but I need time.

So I actually thought that up myself, without thinking, or maybe Mobius functionality is buried deep in my personality, having reprogrammed my psyche and all Jeff has to do is type !Autoload KILL and the world (at least the looping world) is his?

However, I rather prefer binding foot pedals directly to the different
rate shift values, so I can vary the order in which I jump between
different chords.

But this makes me think, isnt all this "Rate shift is cooler than Time Stretch" talk a bit nonsensical.. Im interested to hear you use this Per... Im certain you can use octave and maybe 5ths, but isnt ANY other rate gonna RYTHYMICALLY crash with the beat/pulse of your music. Now Im all for weird shit, but RATE shift a bit of a one trick pony (Like the afformentioned, by me actually) Tape slow down effect, we have all used at the ind of a gig). I promise I am only talking here, not having ever TRIED rate shift on Mobius, I have no idea what Im talking about... But isnt Repeater style TIME STRETCH more musically usefull?

Mark

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094