Re: Live Looping Interface

Per Boysen schrieb:
> I think it is a good deal if you buy it for mixing and recording with
> Pro Tools. You get an awful lot of software bundled as well. I would
> not dare to recommend it for use with other applications than Pro
> Tools though.

Its always the same story with digi, if you want other software running
reliably, you need an additional interface.
I have only experience with the old M-box and that sometimes bugs out
even with protools. This is even true for an interface like the Digi
002. We had a concert recently where three in words 3 different digi 002
all bugged out (probably some dirty mains, but thats a guess...)
fortunately I had an old Motu mark I as 4th backup which saved the
session, as we only wanted to play complete sound files, which I could
easily play with Max/MSP...

For the speed, USB 1.1 would be fast enough even for 96/24 as the M-box
has only two channels, but there are other issues which seem to make it
less reliable (especially in combination with Digi). Firewire is made
for streaming, USB is made for mice not for mics...

I'd never trust digi if you need it live. ProTools is a great software,
but Dizzydesigns hardware and drivers are a nightmare, and customer
service literally doesn't exist, unless you buy the big packets with
support...

Sorry, the only thing I love about Digi is the rants... ;-)

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------