Re: Live Looping Interface

On Jan 16, 2008 12:13 AM, Ariel Rzezak <arzezak@gmail.com> wrote:

> What i'm trying to say is, i'm deciding between an Mbox 2 and a Firewire
>410
> (and i think, i would like the mbox better, more attracting software
> package).
>
> The question is, it is true that for one input is enough with usb 1.1?
>Or is
> it for us, loopers, that what the interface has to support instead are
>lots
> of channels running together? (and for that reason is that everyone it
> recommending firewire interfaces).

Hi Ariel,

I had a M-Box 2 Mini (not sure it's the same as the "M-Box Mini"
you're talking about) for a while to test and review it in a magazine.
It communicates over USB 1.1 and I was really surprised that it
sounded ok. No glitches at all in the audio when I played guitar into
it and had the sound go back out through the interface (to PA). It
worked very well for recording in Pro Tools. I could record many
tracks and record while listening to both my live instrument and the
recorded material through the interface. But that was Pro Tools. When
testing the M-Box 2 Mini with other DAW applications and looping
applications the sound was not clear any more. Glitches and drop-outs
happened now and then.

I think it is a good deal if you buy it for mixing and recording with
Pro Tools. You get an awful lot of software bundled as well. I would
not dare to recommend it for use with other applications than Pro
Tools though.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen