Re: OT: Check out the Robot Guitar!

(the idea had some to me some years back and I figured it was just a matter
of time since a lot of people will pay just for convenience because
they have too much money. )

There are SO many guitar-oriented products out now. Many seem appealing. Many seem absurd. I'm a sucker for many of them (i.e. Big Bends Nut Sauce, Ernie Ball "Guitar Wipes").

I was thinking of developing a product like the "Little Fretty" except it would attach to ones automobile steering wheel so one could limber up while in traffic. :)

Paul

Bob Weigel <sounddoctorin@imt.net> wrote:
Hehe...I mean in terms of the 'nobody you would want to listen to'..
possibly. .We were talking about Phil Keaggy before and one of the
things that I really enjoy is the way he so smoothly pulls tuning
changes in the midst of a performance. The whole organic aspect of a
man interacting with his instrument proficiently just makes the
performance more enjoyable to me.

But I think the whole idea is...with the Robo you can just hit a button
while you are playing the thing and have it go drop D tuning for
instance. And I'm sure ruin the company or not..they'll make a bunch of
money on the idea :-). I personally don't have plans to get one but the
idea had some to me some years back and I figured it was just a matter
of time since a lot of people will pay just for convenience because they
have too much money. And others will see some performance advantage to
it.. -Bob