Re: Powered Subs

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> Before I heap on another response...Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope
> you are all successful in your resolutions, if you make them.
>
> So, back to powered subs. This groups is a real hoot sometimes. It
> cracks me up how someone can ask a question, and then over the course
> of several responses the original question gets over-engineered and
> distorted. I asked advice on which sub to buy, and ended up with a
> discussion over whether I even needed them. Of course, there is no
> debate for me on whether I need one, given the sound I am after and
> the context. That is a done deal. I haven't seen any major objections
> to the Mackie, so I may go with that option, unless a really
> attractive stereo sub option comes up that can delivery enough juice.
I have used an earlier version of the Mackie at my Soundscapes Concerts
<http://soundscapes.us> and it worked quite well.  Yes, I used only one
sub.  Its line outputs fed my power amp and JBL (unpowered) PA
speakers.  It filled a large hall without breaking a sweat or being
overpowering.

Cheers,

Bill