Re: using muliple, simple loop pedals

Before I added the Echoplex and all the other stuff to my jazz setup, I
used
to use two RC-20s with the guitar. I would set them up side by side so it
was possible to hit Stop on the left one at the same time as hitting
Record
or Play on the right one with one foot. So I could record two backgrounds
for a song using this sequence:

1. Hit Record on the left one and play in the first background loop.

2. Hit Stop on the left one and Record on the right one simultaneously
with
one foot, play the second background loop.

3. Hit Stop on the right one and Play on the left one simultaneously. This
takes 2 feet and I didn't always get it! Hitting Stop on the right one at
the right time is more important, of course. So you can just do that and
have a slight delay before the first loop gets played if you can't
reliably
hit both at the same time.

4. Play over first loop.

5. Hit Stop on left one and Play on right one.

6. Play over second loop.

7. Find some way to end the tune!

I could also do a "Multiply" function by recording a short thing into the
first RC-20, then playing that into the second RC-20 while playing more
stuff over it.

Dunno how the RC-2 works, but this might be possible with them. Easier,
even.

After doing this I kept adding more stuff until I ended up with the
current
monstrosity:

http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/jazzpedalboard/jazzpedalboard.html

Mark Smart