Re: "Anglofixilization" (was: Re: Stick looping videos)

2007/9/29, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>:
On 29 sep 2007, at 04.46, Raul Bonell wrote:

> 6 million people and our mother tongue
> continues disappearing...

Yes, it seems the planet is slowly coming together with English as
the common dominator. In my little country of birth we're only some
nine million people, but since a decade even journalists on the
national level media channels "speak English" but with Swedish words.
I mean borrowing typical phrasing and allegories from English instead
of using the Swedish equivalence. This phenomenon first happened here
three hundred years ago as the upper classes used to borrow from
French and even speak French instead of Swedish. But this time it's
happening at all levels of the society and that's why I believe it
won't stop until every person on the globe speaks Pidgin English,
Engrish or whatever the local tweak might add.

I do welcome this linguistic evolution.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)

i don't know what to think on the matter.

we have suffered from spanish goverments various kinds
of mistreats during 1000 years and catalonian language have
survived all this time...

raül.

--
The Playing Orchestra: http://www.telefonica.net/web2/tpo