AW: New TC Konnekt announced

> Looks very interesting.   They mention "bass management", so
> perhaps it is
> well suited for 5.1 surround output

Looking at the manual (a download on TC Electronic's webpage
www.tcelectronic.com), this suspicion is confirmed:

The Konnekt48 allows you to define up to three speaker sets (which in turn
you connect to the 12 analogue outs). For one channel (this is hardwired to
out 8), you can engage bass management, which works like this:
For every other channel which is selected for bass management, the signal
is
split according to settings for a xover frequency and hi/lopass
(none,12db/oct,24dB/oct). The actual channel's out is then fed by the
signal
through the highpass, the low-frequency part (the part through the lowpass)
is sent to the bass channel (out8) together with the LFE channel contents.

Why the range for the xover frequency is only 80Hz to 120Hz is completely
beyond my understanding. I can very well see applications where I'd like my
mains to go down to 50 or 60 Hz (well, not exactly my mains - I have only
nearfields anyway).

        Rainer