Re: Stick looping videos

On 27 sep 2007, at 23.25, Raul Bonell wrote:

> hi per, you don't need any stick to learn tapping
> take a look at the real master of tapping: "Carlos Vamos".
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm-vxGgFf4
>
> now you can forget Guillermo.

Yes, I agree. Carlos Vamos plays nicely. I don't think you should
compare these too recordings (videos) because IMO the stick guy is
not up to the same level at all. I'm not interested in the stick to
learn tapping, I just adore the broad note span, the clear tone and
the polytonal character. So far I'm still quite happy with using the
flute as the main instrument, after having played it for three years.
I think I'll stick to flute in the future, even when learning new
instruments. I kind of like the flute too for looping, because you
can do a lot of non-tonal sounds with your mouth besides playing
plain notes. Not many other instrument offers that option.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)