Re: Drum MACHINES

I don't use a drum machine much, but I do and I rarely use it as
drums. :)  I've got an SR16, a DD50, and the Adrenalinn.  I like to
feed the SR through the mountain of effects and filter the crap out of
it.  It winds up being some weird rhythmic thing that has little
relationship to a drum.  I've also hooked the MIDI out of the SR to
some of my synths and it makes a cool sequencer kinda thing.  Which,
of course, gets routed through the mountain of effects.

One thing that is fun is to hook the DD50 MIDI out to the SR, turn the
SR into record mode.  That makes it act kinda like a drum loop.  Then
I get to hit the DD with sticks and since I have terrible drumming
skills, it's about as humanized as it can get. :)

I picked up an Evolution UC-33 controller last night.  Anybody have
one and have any good tricks and tips?  I got it to use with Sonar,
but it's got 47 knobs and sliders and buttons, so it's gotta be good
for something else.

So so so many toys...

--
-==-=-=-