Re: circus animals? (Re: WAS: Who uses looping in their promo material? NOW:Prerecordedmaterial)

The audience's recognition and appreciation of the difficulty of
presenting something worthwhile happens in a mostly subconscious
manner.  The "difficulty" being measured and appreciated is not
necessarily tied to the physical complexity being employed, but rather
whatever efforts are required to produce a desirable experience for
the audience.  Now, if you're at a performance of Rachmaninoff's Fifth
Piano Concerto, it's going to require a lot of notes played quickly
and precisely.  Other musics may not.

If audience members are actively considering the difficulty of the
performer's action, you're probably at a musical contest.  Some people
find them enjoyable.