Really OBSCURE inquiry

A shot in the dark here, I realize, but back in the very 80's (or
even late 70's?) in Austin Texas, there was an interesting musician
who was a sax player
  and who did these LONG sax jams a la loops (and?).

I am trying to remember this guy's name after MANY years, and keeping
drawing a blank.
I think(?) his first name was either Richard or Dickey, (OR...?) but
I don't remember now?

The other "interesting" thing about him was that he got sent to
prison for marijuana, for mere possession or sales, I have no idea,
but I DO know that the laws for ANY weed involvement there were HARSH
and the sentences could very potentially be VERY LONG.
But that is another subject entirely and I do not wish to get into.

I just want to know more about him and what became of him and / or if
there is anything about on the web (OR...?), or if any recordings he
did survive,etc?

Thanx!

-Rev Fever