Re: Laptops and Performance

At 9:25 AM -0500 6/19/07, Josh Carroll wrote:
>There's a program available at garagecube.com called Miration that
>basically turns a computer QWERTY keyboard into a sampler and the
>mouse into an XY pad controller that can affect speed, volume, pan,
>and other effects.  Sounds pretty boring except for a small
>statement in the documentation that suggests that the keyboard
>should be attached to the computer by a long USB cord and carried
>around on stage like a guitar.  Now that's fun!

Kewl!  That reminds me that back in the 80's, I was trying to work
out a hack to use a workstation replacement keyboard (like you'd find
on the old DEC's, for instance) to control our MIDI hardware onstage.
Back then, I thought it would look cool; sorta like Dave Stewart in
the Eurhythmics' "Sweet Dreams" video.  Funny how now that would
appear completely passe.

Still I think it would be neat to combine one of the mobile keyboards
with something like this for mouse control:

     http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=157024

;)
        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of