Re: Music is not political (Was Re: music is political)

Nice bunch of lawyers you've chosen...

Great quotations..

3nki <3nki@modaldub.net> wrote:
someone asked for a definition of politics so i provided several from
several different online sources. if you read the definitions you
will see that "everything" is not political.

such denial of responsibility some people have!

speaking of quotations i am reminded of a few relevant ones:

"If voting could make a difference it would be illegal." - Theodore
Adorno

"Now that I look back, I realize that a life predicated on being
obedient is a very comfortable life indeed. Living in such a way
reduces to a minimum one's own need to think." - Adolf Eichmann
(Memoirs, written after 1960 kidnapping by Israel for WWII atrocities)

"The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with the
joy of living are goodness, beauty, and truth. To make a goal of
comfort or happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics
built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle." -
Albert Einstein

"Let no one imagine that in owning a recording he has the music." -
John Cage, Silence, p.128

"Theatre takes place all the time wherever one is and art simply
facilitates persuading one this is the case." - John Cage, Silence, p.
174

"If you steal my horse I can't ride, but if you steal my song I can
still sing it." - Unknown

"Anarchy doesnt mean no rules, it means no rulers." - Edward Abbey

"The truth is there is an ideological struggle between those who
believe that the best way to grow the economy is to give more money
to the wealthy, and the Democrats who believe that the wealthy will
make more money if average people do better." - President Bill Clinton

"Talk of democracy has little content when big business rules the
life of the country through its control of the means of production,
exchange, the press and other means of publicity, propaganda and
communication." - John Dewey

"Some people giving orders and others obeying them: this is the
essence of servitude. Of course, as Hospers smugly observes, "one can
at least change jobs," but you can't avoid having a job -- just as
under statism one can at least change nationalities but you can't
avoid subjection to one nation-state or another. But freedom means
more than the right to change masters." - Bob Black (Source: The
Libertarian As Conservative, 1984)

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in times of
moral crisis preserve their neutrality." -- Dante

Ariel Rzezak
Buenos Aires, Argentina
http://www.soundclick.com/arielrzezak/