[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: looperlative control

Cool.  We disagree.  You like mucking about in midi.  I don't.

I disagree that "excellence" in footpedal design would be required.

An EDP style footpedal (Record, Overdub...) with one more button to switch
"Loop Tracks" would widen the market for a Looperlative rackmount device a

The alternative is to require the purchase and programming of a
midi-footpedal so you can start and stop "Record" with your feet (because
your hands are busy on an instrument or because your rack is 15 feet away).
That right there will severely limit the market for this cool new tool.

That stated, I assume there will be no footpedal for the Looperlative.  And
we can argue till the cows come home how much of a market is cut-off by
requiring the purchase and programming of a midi footpedal for the


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom Ritchford" <tom@swirly.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: looperlative control

I don't agree at all.   MIDI footpedals are cheap and plentiful -- you
can just get one and plug it in the back.  Excellence at looper design
doesn't imply excellence at footpedal design... I'd rather the time
was spent improving the looperlative rather than designing Yet Another

On 12/31/05, David Kirkdorffer <vze2ncsr@verizon.net> wrote:
> Steve - Thanks for your answer.  I'm a non-midi person.  I don't use
> laptops.  My selfish desire is to have a EDP style footpedal (Record,
> Overdub...) with one more button to switch "Loop Tracks."  That would get
> a lot - perhaps more than I can imagine fully using right there.
> And I would very humbly suggest that such a non-midi footpedal would open
> the Looperlative up to a much larger marketplace of buyers.  :-)
> David
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steve Lawson" <steve@steve-lawson.co.uk>
> To: "Loop List" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
> Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:57 PM
> Subject: looperlative control
> > >>>So - if I'm understanding the implications of this posting, the
> > Looperlative
> > requires a Midi interface / footpedal to operate its functions.  But,
> > does
> > that mean no functions are controllable without midi?<<<
> >
> > have a look at www.looperlative.com - the picture there shows the
> > front panel, which has button control for rec/overdub, play/stop and
> > then four user programmable buttons to whatever functions you want to
> > have on them. I have mine set to 'stop now' (the play/stop button is
> > quantised to the end of the loop), 'erase', 'all stop' and, er,
> > something else I can't remember...
> >
> > you can also access all the possible operations on any one track via
> > the buttons and dial (at the moment I'm doing all my feedback control
> > via the buttons and dial), and same with all the global functions
> > (overall volume, play all, stop all, etc.)
> >
> > But in case it's what you were asking, there are no other ways to
> > connect controllers at the moment than via the MIDI port - though I
> > guess it could be possible for Bob to write some kind of ethernet
> > thingie into the controller features at some point so you could rig
> > something up via your PC.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Steve
> > www.stevelawson.net - site
> > www.stevelawson.net/store/ - shop
> > http://steve.anthropiccollective.org - blog
> >
> >
> >


http://ax.to ... extreme NY arts and music calendar