Re: SooperLooper beta released for OSX

>On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:20:31 -0300, Matthias Grob <matthias@grob.org>
>wrote:
>
>>  hm, no, I could not make the two loops sync... did you use the Brother
>idea?
>>  I will have to read about it...
>
>Sorry, i forgot to address this question.  Currently to get sync
>between two loops involves both setting quantize to something other
>than off,

my first version had such a limitation, too. But it did that single
quantized record automatically and stay unquantized otherwhise

>and turning on the sync option for the loop. Then the loop
>operations (except overdub) will quantize to the sync source.  I am
>open to suggestions about how this could be better.

arround 94 I found the solution we call SyncRec.
Just think of doing multiply based on the brothers cycle

>Avoiding the
>quantize requirement would be good, but what would you be syncing to?

I am not allowed to really help you on that, exept for showing a
working example :-)
Also, my solution may not work for you, because you use a different
approach to define the loops (not tape like, right?)

In general I think its important that you make the basic functions
handy and accessable by a minimum amount of foot switches.
To make it similar to the EDP is nice, but may also be limiting and
you may get lost in details.
It seems that due to the different structure, you will have a hard
time to copy some functions and do others better (like Undo which
seems to be more powerfull than mine)

by the way: is it true I have to be in Overdub to make FB control active?
So I cannot let the loop fade out while playing to it?

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org