Re: SooperLooper beta released for OSX

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:33:12AM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> To keep the software looper excitement level high around here, I've
> decided it is time to release a beta version of SooperLooper for Mac
> OS X.
>    http://essej.net/sooperlooper/
> SooperLooper is a live looping sampler capable of immediate loop
> recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more.  It allows
> for multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by your
> computer's available memory.  The feature-set and operation was
> inspired by the impressive Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro (EDP).  When
> used with a low-latency audio configuration it is capable of truly
> realtime live performance looping.
        Great work! Some nice new features since last time I
tried it.

> This software is licensed under the GPL, thus the source code is free,
> open and available. Because of this there will always be someone
> around who can fix any problems, or add new features even if something
> happened to me.  You are welcome to copy it, give copies to your
> and modify it.  But if you find it useful, then please consider making
> a donation.
        Thanks for making it open source, btw. It's really
nice to see tools designed for making music/art being open

> Please don't hesitate to give me feedback, and have fun....

        Only oddness I noticed, and I can't remember if
earlier versions did the same or not, is that if your in
overdub mode, you dont hear the results of the overdub untill
you leave overdub mode.