SooperLooper beta released for OSX

To keep the software looper excitement level high around here, I've
decided it is time to release a beta version of SooperLooper for Mac
OS X.

   http://essej.net/sooperlooper/

SooperLooper is a live looping sampler capable of immediate loop
recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more.  It allows
for multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by your
computer's available memory.  The feature-set and operation was
inspired by the impressive Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro (EDP).  When
used with a low-latency audio configuration it is capable of truly
realtime live performance looping.

SooperLooper is currently supported on Linux/Unix and OS X platforms
that support JACK (http://jackit.sf.net).  A Mac OS X package is
available, and is usable with the v0.6 release of JackOSX
(http://www.jackosx.com/) which is available as a prerelease at
http://www.grame.fr/~letz/JackOSX.0.6.pkg.zip .  JACK is an incredibly
powerful way to route audio between applications and to/from audio
hardware, and should be a part of anyone's arsenal.

The application is a standalone JACK client with an engine
controllable via OSC and MIDI.  It also includes a GUI which
communicates with the engine via OSC (even over a network) for
user-friendly control on a desktop.  However, this kind of live
performance looping tool is most effectively used via hardware (midi
footpedals, etc) and the engine can be run standalone on a computer
without a monitor.  A few sample MIDI binding presets are supplied,
including a basic EDP Loop IV binding.

Future plans include possible VST and AU plugin versions for both
Windows and Mac, with some reduction in flexibility from the JACK version.
But with the steep competition from the impressive Mobius, maybe some
collaboration is in order?

This software is licensed under the GPL, thus the source code is free,
open and available. Because of this there will always be someone
around who can fix any problems, or add new features even if something
happened to me.  You are welcome to copy it, give copies to your friends,
and modify it.  But if you find it useful, then please consider making
a donation.

Please don't hesitate to give me feedback, and have fun....

Jesse Chappell