Re: prog-rock (way off-topic)

> Van Der Graaf Generator/Van Der Graaf fell in and out of the prog-rock
spacerock categories, but as they tended to be all over the place, I would
hesitate to use the prog label as a focus.  Both the drummer and sax/flute
player were quite accomplished jazz players, the keyboards player went on
build organs for churches, and the vocalist, Peter Hammill, turned up at
point with an opera in hand.

I may not be following popular definitions of prog, but I believe so many
creative blends of genres ARE progressive. I wouldn't want prog to be such
large definition that *everything* falls in...

I tend to think of space-rock and kraut-rock all as components of
with Van Der Graaf Generator right at the top of the list! Peter Hammil is
such an amazingly powerful singer and performer... Just him and a piano
doing renditions of the band pieces is simply awe inspiring.