Re: 1U PC for Kyma (was Re: Llive llooping, Cardiff, Wales)

> Doh, and I forgot the more important issue: noise.
>
> Rackmount power supplies are issued with special 'noise inducing' fans,
> provide system and network admins with the a penile extensive 'roar'
> whenever the enter their private domains. It's kind of like the fiber
>glass
> ball bearings that are put in aftermarket car exhausts for very small
>cars.
>
> Or so it seems to me.
>
> bIz

hadn't thought of that.
fan noise is directly related to air velocity
smaller aperture = faster velocity.
there may be little to fix that.
of course, clubs tend to be pretty noisy,
but for ambient stuff in coffee house/gallery it could
be pretty annoying...