RE: EDP Powering problem.

Sadly I can't test the cable with anything else because I don't have anything that uses that type of cable unless theres another way to test it?

I was wondering if I could use an adapter with the american cable as the echoplex has its own voltage switch I shouldn't need a voltage converter should I?

From: matilists@gmail.com
Subject: Re: EDP Powering problem.
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 09:53:20 -0300
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

On 2 Sep 2011, at 19:46, james leight wrote:

Ahh 2.5A 250V~ mines 10A 250V~ don't know if this is the actual problem because the lead that came with it reads 10A 250V~ but I might go and look for another lead anyway.

thats not the problem
if one was only 130V it would theoretically be possible to create a short circuit when loaded with 230V but very unlikely
the current through the EDP is far below 2A anyway, so if there was a fault in it, the internal fuse would blow, exept if there is a short cirquit right at its power socket.

the safety switch reacts to much smaller currents that "run away" so if only this switches off, there may be a insulation problem in the EDP, maybe even a cap between power input and ground which is too big for your safety switch.

first test would be whether the power cable itself makes the fuse blow

It's lucky my house has a safety switch when things like this happen =]

Cheers for your help halim