EDP Powering problem.

I just purchased the EDP and as I got from america and I live in england I thought it would be easiest to buy a replacement power cord. The replacement looked pretty much identical so I decided to it in, switched the voltage on the EDP to 230 and then switched it on, all my outlets blew.

so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this? I'm thinking it must be the lead because the guy I bought it from said it was working fine before he sent it. Is it possible to just plug adapter and use the american lead?

Cheers
James