Re: EDP Powering problem.

hi james. i had the same problem with the edp when i first got it from the US. i live in malaysia and we run the same voltage as the UK (230-240) But i'm thankful because the guys here at LD helped a total noob like me to make it run. i did not put my edp in use for quite sometime until i'm sure that i'm using the right cables..even learning how to flick the voltage switch at the back :P . i used a cable marked with the voltage 2.5A 250V~ (a regular computer power cable which i snatched from my pc) and voila! the edp was alive. I'm sorry i can't help you with the blown fuse but i'm sure it's fixable.

i googled my old posts and it did bring some memories of how nice people in this list can be. sorry to butt in.

Best,

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 3:34 AM, james leight <jleight881@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Well, the only you can do to the plug is take the fuse out theres no way to get into the plug without mangling it up. Its a 5a fuse.

From: mark@markfrancombe.com
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 21:12:39 +0200
Subject: Re: EDP Powering problem.
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

It should be James, it should be.. check for a short in the plug?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM, james leight <jleight881@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
I just purchased the EDP and as I got from america and I live in england I thought it would be easiest to buy a replacement power cord. The replacement looked pretty much identical so I decided to it in, switched the voltage on the EDP to 230 and then switched it on, all my outlets blew.

so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this? I'm thinking it must be the lead because the guy I bought it from said it was working fine before he sent it. Is it possible to just plug adapter and use the american lead?

Cheers
James

--
Mark Francombe