Re: Rafa's One Man Band - Impact of looping -

Andy,
Great points! I agree wholeheartedly. When i first began the One Man Band setup, about a year and a half ago I was really in a transition wondering if I was leaning more towards being more #1 or #2(from your descriptions), and I decided to go for 3. Sometimes I'll play an entire set with seamless transitions of pretty much pure instrumental improv, other times I'll do what I did in the video and put together a "normal" song arrangement. I think we are finally getting to a stage where one guy, with many loops can really be as enthralling as a full band. I also enjoy challenging the analog/digital debate, making folks question what is a genuine instrument and what's merely a soft instrument(when listening), as well as make guitar players realize you don't need to be playing through a Physical amp, or even 1000's of dollars worth of pedals. Just 1000's of dollars worth of laptop/midi gear ;-) Ha! My Ableton Live stup is made for performance ease, and for flexibility. I already added an Akai LPD8 for more pads and knobs, soon I'll add even more pads, and another small 25 key keyboard, and an FCB1010. Then I'll be set...I think...
Rafa