Re: EDP: Issues with TempoSelect when MoreLoops=2

On 29 Nov 2008, at 15:24, andy butler wrote:

> Stephen Scott wrote:
>>> with the following setting
>>> AutoRecord=Off
>>> LoopCopy = ti  (time)
>>> SwitchQuant = Off
>>>
>>> set tempo
>>>
>>> record loop 1, let it run
>>>
>>> then to record loop 2 hit Next,
>>> and when you have enough cycles hit Rec.
>>> Then toggle between the loops with Next.
>> OK Andy, I tried this exactly as suggested.  I've set the tempo to
>> 120bpm, (btw 8th/Cycles=8, so that the display reads 2.0 for the
>> cycle length).  What happens is that the first loop records just
>> fine for as long as I need.  When I switch to Next Loop, the
>> display shows me that it's on loop2 (OK), the red LED counts time
>> as usual (OK) and the green cycle LED counts up as I think it
>> should (ie, it increments by one every 2 seconds).  BUT when I
>> press RECORD, the display stops at, say, 3.6 or 5.4, ie NOT a
>> multiple of 2 as expected.
>> This is now happening consistently (previously I thought I was
>> getting it work OK sometimes, so consistency is good anyway).
>> Also, previously, even when it was working OK, I'd save the preset
>> parameter, but when I came back it to it later, it wouldn't work.
>>

> sorry, you're quite right,
> end the second recording with Insert and all will work fine.
>
> Otherwise that's an Unrounded ending to the record.
>

> Here exposed the perils of an early morning email session :-)
>

> I'll CC this to Matthias, it's an interesting point.
> This is rather confusing behaviour for a feature that's supposed to
> make things easy, hitting Insert is hardly intuitive.

You are right, Andy!
especially since some users might not even install the Insert button
Sorry Stephan!
I read through these mails and did not see the problem myself...
unfortunately I cannot fix this for the EDP, but I try for its
emulation ;-)

If we make ending with Record rounded, we will loose an option though:
Now you can set to TimeCopy and if you spontaneously want to add a
loop with a different timing, just end that one with Record, isn't
that interesting?