Re: What shall I buy? EDP or Looperlative?

 In my view it is better to have two units of different
functionality than having two identical (but maybe this is not fully
true regarding the EDP since its well known versatility).

I AM swayed by this thinking, just worried about the feel of Looperlative, will I become one with it, or will I constantly be worrying about which loop im in, or what parameter I have set...?

However, for me (not necessarily applying to you)  this looper
comparison is much a question about the ability to cue loops. The EDP
does this with the function "Moore Loops" but the LP1 doesn't do it at
all.
Interesting I didnt know this, so with LP1 you are always basicaly IN ONE LOOP, just one with multiple tracks, of difernt lengths, some muted, some playing?

This pretty much took the LP1 out from my horizon when I was
looking into looping boxes. But that's just me; I want to do song
oriented looping by jumping between many loops, but in your mail you
said that you do song oriented looping by creating parallel loops -
and then I guess you mute one and open another to go from verse to
chorus and things alike (which would be too complicated for me). So in
this matter the LP1 would work well for you.

Not true, you missunderstood... I DO USE More loops to do as you describe, And never MUTE between tracks (Im guessing you mean on Repeater, cos EDP doesnt do this... but I guess It would if I had 2)

I kind of use MORE LOOPS like a "quick save" If I get something going I like I pop into loop 2 with soundcopy (I usually have moreloops =3) and hit multiply, and go imediatly back to Loop1.. then continue to fuck about in that loop, till either its different, or ruined ha ha, then I can pop back into L1 to retrieve the nice version... I do that on Loop 2 as well, and I have 2 "restore points" ha ha!!!

If I should go back to using dedicated boxes today I would use them
together with a laptop that runs a simple MIDI sequencer, Live or
Numerology. And I would set up MIDI sequences of MIDI commands for the
loopers. Then I would assign my physical MIDI pedal to launch
different of those "command chains". In fact I had that setup long ago
with an EDP, a Repeater and an Alesis MMT8 (later replaced by a
PowerBook). Uuhhh...  scary thought... must say I prefer my new way of
doing it all inside one box, by different software. 'nuff said..

Heh heh... That Scary thought IS the setup I have now, except that I have a drum machine instead of your MMT8... But I rarely use it with carefully planned sequences, I just have a few nice edp glitching effects programmed that I fire off once in a while.

www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094
http://uk.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe
http://www.myspace.com/markfrancombe